Navbar

aboutwhy redux?generation oneg2-beast erarid-moviesclassics-animatedafajapanese

Monday, March 28, 2011

Botcon sold out in record time!

Wow, I knew it was going to be fast, but I didn't think it was going to be that fast. According to a mass email to all TF Club members:

BotCon Primus and Iacon and loose packages are now all sold out!
That's right, it took just a little over 5 days for all of the toy packages to be gone!
This has been the fastest sell out of Botcon Attendee and non-attendee sets since Botcon was started back in 1994 according to The Unofficial Transformers Club and Convention Exclusive Data Sheet. So if you were planning on ordering a set you are most likely out of luck and will have to head over to eBay to get your fix.

This will be the first Botcon I have attended since 2007 so I am quite excited, not to mention after it is over I get to spend a few extra days with some great friends that live just north of L.A. Hopefully when the time comes I'll be able to post pictures and maybe even video here while the convention is going on. I am also hoping we get a pre-screening of the new movie: Dark of the Moon, but I'm willing to bet they'll only show a few clips. I thought the best was when they showed the '07 movie to all Botcon attendees in Rhode Island which was a blast. It took them three theaters! I'll always consider the RI Botcon the best one since we all got to tour Hasbro and see the new movie but I vowed it would be my last Botcon. However after four years I am getting anxious and want to go. Even though I have very low expectations for DOTM, I think FunPub and Hasbro would do the fans a real favor to pre-screen the movie at the convention. I guess we'll find out when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment