Navbar

aboutwhy redux?generation oneg2-beast erarid-moviesclassics-animatedafajapanese

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three Times the Fun!

I wanted to start out with Springer because he was the one really guilty purchase in this lot. I never had him as kid, but boy did I want him. The stereotypical “Han Solo” character of the 1986 Movie he always seemed so cool to me as a child, and so out of reach. I never saw him on the shelves. I was able to get a Hot Rod, Cyclonus, Gnaw and Galvatron; but Springer eluded me (as did Kup but that is another story). So I finally purchased a Springer that looks like it came right off the shelf twenty four years ago. Of course it cost ten times more than it did back then, but I am happy with it. This is one of the best ones in the lot and I am sure will grade well as it only has a few imperfections.
"I've got better things to do tonight than die!"
 As a child I loved trains. I also loved space. So it is no surprise that when I saw Astrotrain in the stores of my youth I was entranced. A train that turns into a space shuttle that turns into a robot!?! No way. I still have my original Astrotrain; he's been slightly repaired (legs tightened) and reprolabeled but he is mine from childhood. I believe he came from Sears department store. But getting him sealed in his box brings me back to those days looking through all the choices and seeing such an awesome concept – triple changer. I don't distinctly remember but I am sure I tore the box to shreds trying to get him out and play with him the first time around. I never even put his stickers on him (hence the reprolabels). This one stays sealed forever; my own little window into an awesome childhood.
"These fools worship Transformers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment